I using ProjectPier for my team collaboration, almost one year, and i will show you it’s good and bad sides.
The Project Pier is ActiveCollab successor. ActiveCollab was free for download, but when they decided to go commercial, Project Pier team take ActiveCollab’s code and now they work on its development. In core this is still old ActiveCollab, but it is quite good.
The Project Pier features:
- ProjectPier is solution you install on your own host, and you have absolutely control.
- ProjectPier is created to provide easy to use solution
- It organize dev projects into projects, milestones, Tasklist, Task and Files
- Search project by tags
- E-mail notifications for new Milestones, Messages, Tasklists, Tasks and Files.
- Unlimited number of projects, tasklist and Project members
- You can add your sponsors, stockholders into project so tehy can track project development too
- It is free and open sourced solution
In my opinion ProjetPier missing bug tracking feature. With bug tracking PP could be complete collaboration tool I need. I am very satisfied with Pier after all, e-mail notification, files and milestones are very helpful features. Milestones can force your team to finish work at the time, and when they break deadline, milestone will inform team that they are late.
Attach file to project and every team member can watch, or download it. Also team messaging is important part, but online chat would be great add on feature.
At the end i must say that ActiveCollab is very quality and great collaboration tool, with lot of features and if you need quality and you want to pay for it, this can be nice choice. I hardly suggest you to try it. The ProjectPier stays good free solution for small teams which are not so prompted about collaboration tool.
Project Pier Screenshots:
Popularity: 16% [?]