To improve productivity in your team i suggest you to use… no i begging you to use revision control software. Software tools for revision control are something every developer team need to use.
Why do you need to use this kind of tools ?
- To track code changes for every team member
- To track code changes trough every revision
- Look differences in code since last revision
- To avoid code overlapping when two coders work on same file
- When they work on same file, just merge changes
- To roll back all code in any revision if needed
- To share code changes with your team members
- When upload on server this tools send only changed files
- this tools creates project developing history
In client – server model, server holds latest software version, and it’s history. Client connect to server and read latest changes. Whole team work on this copy, and later send changes to server. Well known are : Concurrent Versions System (CVS) and Subversion (also known as svn), both are in open source. Continue reading
Popularity: 15% [?]